The fibre downfall in South Africa
There are many cable breaks because of economic growth in South Africa. These cable breaks impact all services including fibre and this downtime causes a decrease in productivity, client communications and ultimately, turnover.
Most businesses are surviving by installing multiple ADSL lines and/or Diginet lines which do not provide enough speed for the demands of the business.
There are many challenges fibre service providers encounter:
- Networks are optimised for market share, not performance;
- The networks are susceptible to abusive usage patterns because they do not have systems in place to prevent this.
- There are high contention ratios; shared bandwidth with too many other customers
- Hybrid networks that throw businesses in the same pool as high-use consumers.
The Jenny Fibre Direct business solution
For your business to win this game you need the following from your fibre supplier.
- A supplier that takes into account the large amount of cable being broken or stolen, and a plan to keep your services online.
- A network optimised specifically for business use.
- A network with low contention ratios.
- A network which you share with other business clients who have the same usage patterns as you do.
- A network that’s lightning fast with very low latency.
- A first-tier supplier who can cater to your stringent security requirements.
- A supplier with fantastic service and local support.
Read more about our Fibre Direct